Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day one begins

This day is finally here and I woke up not as nervous as I was the night before which in some ways was good and in some bad. I am also still not as hydrated as I liked to be.
I am nervous still about the first couple of days as I believe today specifically consists of something around 90 kilometers. I am concerned about the hydration so I am taking endurolytes and pounding water. The weather looks a little warmer than I had prepped for which is a good thing. My experience with the traverse at 106 should put me into a good situation today. I think I am not that nervous today because Roy is not nervous at all. Everyone knows that Roy is always calm, cool and hardly collected at these events but he is calm. Maybe I have false sense of security at the start line. I think Roy really does draw some confidence from people that are more overweight than he is and maybe I am using them as a floor as well. We were sitting with Dubin, Forrester
And his seemingly large teamate which I don't know his name. He seems to be our gauge on how many pictures we will be able to take and how much food we will be able to eat before he catches up to us. Hmm, I wonder if that's why I am not nervous.
I would be would willing to bet others in this breakfast room think the same way of Roy and I. They are probably saying to themselves 'we can easily beat those guys.'
Wish us luck. Oh ya, Roy is still eating.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: